When it's cold outside I want something warm to eat!
I saw this idea some time back and tweaked it a bit for my groceries.
After New Years company left I had an unused package of King's Hawaiian sweet rolls.
These rolls are good all by themselves.
However - I added to them to make a De-lish-ush sandwich!
Kings Ham and Cheese Rolls
- 1 Package Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- sliced lunch meat of your choice- I combined turkey and ham
- 1 1/2 c grated cheddar and Monterrey jack cheese
- mayo to your liking
- Fig preserves (or raspberry or strawberry) made me think of a monte cristo...oh my!
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- chopped rosemary to your taste buds
- sesame or poppy seeds to taste
- Leave the rolls as they are and slice through the center with a big bread knife- now you have two big long loaves. Spread the mayo on both sides and the preserves of choice on the other as well.
- Layer on meats then cheese.
- Put top of loaf back on and pour on melted butter, sprinkle with seeds and rosemary.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes till top is getting toasted and cheese is good and gooey.
Slice and serve! These are really easy to cut- and great for the little ones at lunch- or for party snacks! The flavor could be changed easily by adding BBQ instead of the preserves- make it to your crowds preference!
So so yummy- and E- A- S-Y........
Hope you enjoy for yourself, with family or friends!!!!
If you have a favorite way of preparing Kings Hawaiian rolls please share- we are always eager for new recipes!
photo credits: Suzanne